Firstly, check the expiration date. Never use an expired, washed in the washing-machine or somehow damaged condom.
Use absolutely new condom every time you have vagina, anal or oral sex.
- Carefully take the condom out of its package. Try to not tear it with your nail, teeth or rings – latex is very thin. If the condom is not lubricated, put some drops of water-based lubricant inside of it. Never use massage oil!
- If your penis is not circumcised, pull back the foreskin before putting the condom.
- Make sure the condom is right side out.
- Squeeze the closed end of the condom (there have to be no air inside a condom) and place it on erect penis.
- Carefully roll the condom down the full length of penis with your free hand. Never unroll the condom before putting it on the penis – it will stretch the latex and make condom difficult to use. Be sure to leave a half-inch space at the tip to collect the sperm.
- Smooth out any air bubbles – the condom has to fit like a second skin.
- If the condom is not lubricated, put some drops of water-based lubricant outside the condom.
- After ejaculation, warily pull the condom out of penis while it’s erected.
- Hold the condom at the base of penis to avoid sperm spillage.
- Roll the condom till the tip of penis and remove.
Dispose condom hygienically. Never flush the condom down to toilet!